Unit 1 Essential Question
How can Biologically Inspired Design be used with the Engineering Design Process to create unique solutions to problems?
Week 2 Overview
Design reviews are a way of getting feedback on a candidate's solution to a design problem.
Engage 5 min
View Slides: 1.2.4. BID Ideation
- You are trying to design and make a necklace inspired from nature.
- List 3 things/organisms from nature that could inspire a necklace. Sketch at least two ideas.
- Class Discussion on what students brainstormed
What organism would you look to for inspiration? Why?
Explain 5 min
Design Evaluation Criteria
- View Handout: 1.2.4. Design Evaluation Rubric
This is the handout you will use to evaluate your teams designs.
Explore 15 min (Group)
Preparing for Design Presentation
- You will plan a short “pitch” for the final design concept—it can be bullet points for speaking or a single powerpoint slide, to accompany your final drawing so that your design concept can be shared with the class. Your “pitch” should be about 3 min.
Download Lesson Plan
Instructional Slides & Materials